Scott Hall is named for Marshall R. Scott, a Ripon businessman and industrialist, and a trustee of the College from 1932 until his death in 1936. It is located next to Bowen’s Woods on Thorne Street. The three areas of the building are known as East (the tower), Middle (the old part), and West (the new addition) Scott. East Scott houses first-year men and women as well as some co-ed upperclassmen. Middle Scott primarily houses first-year men. West Scott houses co-ed upperclassmen. The building has many nice features including guest rooms, many study areas and lounges, a kitchen, a game room and TV lounge, and other lounges used for gatherings and campus meetings.