Carnegie Hall

Carnegie Hall is named for Andrew Carnegie, otherwise known as the “Patron Saint of Libraries,” who donated $56,162,622 for the construction of 2,509 library buildings throughout the English-speaking parts of the world, including 1,679 public library buildings in the U.S. alone. Ripon received its Carnegie grant in 1902, and the building, which would at the time house the city of Ripon’s Public Library, was completed in 1905. Today, Carnegie Hall houses administrative offices for Ripon College, including the Office of the President, the Office of the Vice President and Dean of Faculty, and the Office of Marketing and Communications.